baxi bermuda to combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an ancient back boiler that I want to replace with a combi on kitchen wall. I am trying to work out how much hassle and upheaval it would be. We don't have much spare money to totally redecorate.

The kitchen has gas piped in for hob, so will this make job easier. Also when the back boiler is taken out, is it quite easy to get a similar size fireplace in with new electric fire.

Does anyone know what sort of rough price range this could involve?

Sponsored Links
there's too many variable to give a price. The pipe for the hob will almost certainly be undersized for the boiler, so a new pipe run will be needed from the meter. Expect to budget in the region of 2000-4000

Sponsored Links
The best way to get an idea of price is to get a couple of reputable local companies in to give you a quote, we can't see the job from here so it's impossible to say how much it would be

have you thought about fitting a new baxi back boiler, since you seem to be happy to have an electrical fire in front. This might save you some time and money?

The new baxi he bbu was an option we were keen on but people seem to have a low opinion of them.

Hi, I have an ancient back boiler that I want to replace with a combi on kitchen wall. I am trying to work out how much hassle and upheaval it would be. We don't have much spare money to totally redecorate.

I had this done; the only upheaval was lifting part of the hall and kitchen floors to get between the new boiler and the existing tank cupboard to tie into existing rad and water pipes.

In my case I had an unused gas supply for a hob which the gasman said could be used as it was 15mm pipe and the boiler had a 15mm inlet. (So that must be alright then ... )

Baxi HE BBU is quite expensive and not necessarily easy to install as you have to deal with the flue up the chimney and get condensate drain to the boiler.

I think came to about £2k inc boiler for 2 days work, gasman + apprentice, chippie to do the floors and rearrange some kitchen units and shelve the former tank cupboard, and a man with a core drill for the flue hole.

The fireplace hole was just covered with a sheet of MDF cut to fit inside the fire surround and a leccy fire can go in front in the future.

In my case I had an unused gas supply for a hob which the gasman said could be used as it was 15mm pipe and the boiler had a 15mm inlet. (So that must be alright then ... )

i hope thats not how it sounds !

i hope thats not how it sounds !

It's exactly how it sounds.

It's only a few ft from the meter and is the only appliance so it's probably okay??? 24kW boiler.

Personally I would have downloaded the pipework sizing tables and worked out it out, but I'm not a gasfitter. Remember, folks, leave gas work to the professionals! (I did check his registration status online.)

I also would have used cable in minitrunking rather than clipping flex to the doorframe to run to the roomstat, but I'm not an electrician either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back