Baxi Boiler Diaphragm not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I have the same problem as per this thread: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94199

Basically the pin won't come out when the hot water is turned on, however, if I pull it out with a pliers (while the water is on) it will stay out and go back in when the water is turned off - but will not come out itself when the water is turned on.

Can I try greasing it with oil? (If so which oil - will olive oil do?) Or do I need to install a new diaphragm? Are they difficult to install?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Most probably diaphragm, I doubt oiling the spindle will help, a clean and greas when it's out will help

Not difficult at all.

Isolate electrics

isolate cold mains into boiler and leave hot tap open

remove screw and remove microswitch infront of pin that pops out

remove 2 no thin pipes at top of diaphram housing

remove the screws (5 or 6?) from front face of housing

remove front plate off housing which gives access to diaphragm

replace in reverse order. Be careful with any water still in the housing so you dont get the electrics wet.

Many boiler parts use rubber seals and these can be damaged by ordinary oil.

Silicone grease is the only thing to use for lubricate moving pins etc.

Tony

Sponsored Links

Tony

Tony

Hello again, I just got around to remove it and clean and grease the pin(/push rod) - and although it worked the first time, it has stopped working again.

Do I need to clean or grease anything else? Or should I just order a new one? (Or could something else be the problem?)

Thanks for any help.

Just change the bleeping diaphragm. It has probably stretched or has a hole in it. Better still get someone in, it's a 15 minute job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back