Baxi boiler Overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would be really grateful if someone can help. I have a fairly new Baxi 133 HE plus boiler that keeps overheating. The boiler will run all day long heating the house up, but will lockout in over heat when running the hot water. I don’t know if this is related, but the pressure gauge will move from between the ¾ when cold to the 2 ½ mark when it locks out. All the radiators and the boiler have been bleed, although the water that comes out does look cloudy until it settles. It works fine when the heating has not been on for a while? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, did wonder that myself. Just could not help thinking it maybe something else because of the peculiarities surrounding it? The system does get particularly hot and it may just be working how it should be? Best place to start, thanks very much.

was the system flush properly when it was installed Maybe the DHW HE is blocking on CH side and this is causing lock out?

Sponsored Links
It did look like it was done properly.

The hot water works fine when the central heating has not been on. It is almost as if the system is straining to keep the house warm and when the extra burner lights up for the DHW, it can not take the strain? Yet I know this boiler can run at 100,000 Btu’s (if jumpered correctly) and the rad’s only put out about 30,000. (Apologise if my jargon is not quite correct)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back