Baxi Combi 105e - Wont turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am after some advice please.
My 10 year old Baxi Combi 105e has recently developed a mind of its own and will not switch the central heating off! It is controlled by a remote, wired Danfoss TP5 controller which will bring heating on at set times but the boiler will not switch off even with controller showing off. I have tried switching the boiler off at boiler on/off/reset switch and swiching to hot water only but the radiators continue to heat up. (In my opinion the radiators seem to be a lot hotter than normal.) The only way to switch off is to switch the boiler fused spur to off, which isn't ideal as my boiler is in the loft. The Fault on Central Heating Sensor Warning light is flashing, can it be as simple as a sensor change?
I don't know if it's linked but over the last few months my hot water supply has been intermittent although I did have a diaghragm replaced.
Also in the last year I did replace the PCB for a separate snag which has not re-appeared.
Any Ideas?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like more than one issue

Diverter Valve (Leaking into CH) and others you need to get an RGI in to have a look

If the central heating fault light is flashing try replacing that as a starter to see if that resolves the problem! Nice easy job as in a dry pocket so no need to drain down! 5 minute job ;)

First thing i would be checking is the micro switch on the front of the divertor assy because if the external controls are not calling then there must be a demand from somewhere(the sensor does not create a demand alone).

The microswitch will be stuck(or pin not returned) and boiler thinks there is a tap on with a HW demand

Sponsored Links
Further to my heating problem, it was fixed by replacing the divertor valve (£59 on e-bay) and a central heating sensor (7.50 on e-bay). Everything now working fine. Thanks to all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back