Baxi Combi 133HE Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am after some help please with my Baxi Combi 133HE plus.

I inherited this boiler when i moved into my house. Over the winter the pressure gradually dropped to under 1. I got an engineer out to service the boiler. He did some tests and topped up the pressure and said everything is fine.

The pressure has dropped to under 1 again. I have had a look at topping the pressure up myself. All of the pictures or diagrams i have seen have shown two taps that need to be opened when attached to the filling loop. On my boiler i do not have any of the plastic taps. The connectors are brass. Also my filling loop is attached to my boiler but from what i have read this should not be permanently attached - the engineer did not highlight this as a problem.

I can take a picture if it helps to show you what i mean.

Sponsored Links
adrian whether the taps are plastic or brass does,nt matter much as long as they open to allow water through and then close again.99% of the filling loops are still connected to their boilers
see if you have any damp patches under radiators because the water is going somewhere, maybe out the copper pipe that is on the outside wall in the area of your boiler. the water you are losing is going somewhere

Hi Terence

Thanks for replying. Right, so i am losing pressure because i am losing water?

I did monitor if the radiators were leaking but i did not notice anything. The house is carpeted so i think i would find any damp patches. I will investigate outside and see if i can see the copper pipe you mention and see if that is leaking.

When we moved in the pressure was fine but over the winter it slowly dropped. The engineer came and serviced the boiler and topped up the pressure in January but it has now dropped again so it's not doing it quickly which is why i thought if i top it up it may be fine.

When i did some research on topping up the pressure all the boilers seemed to have taps of some kind. Even the boiler manual displays taps. I may not have communicated it well in my previous post but my system does not seem to have taps of any kind. I have attcahed a picture to show you.

Where the taps should be there are two screws. Am i supposed to use a screwdriver to losen them off to act as the tap?

View media item 48800

Sponsored Links
yes you are losing pressure cos you are losing water.
yes use a screwdriver for those type of valves
good luck mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back