Baxi Combi 133HE Plus - PCB failure

gas4you said:
You may be lucky with warranty as most boilers leave factory with about 18 months warranty. Depends on your serial number, they build in a certain 'shelf life' into the warranty usually ;)

sorry to contradict but the warrantee must run from purchase not manufacture, or in a boilers case date of installation

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
gas4you said:
You may be lucky with warranty as most boilers leave factory with about 18 months warranty. Depends on your serial number, they build in a certain 'shelf life' into the warranty usually ;)

sorry to contradict but the warrantee must run from purchase not manufacture, or in a boilers case date of installation

I agree fully with you corgi, but if you call in a warranty and give them the serial number, I have had a boiler that was still under warranty that was over the 12 months age from installation date due to the manufacturers allowance in case it has been sitting in Plumb center for a few months. This was with a Baxi as well :eek:

Manufacturers tend to use some discretion but in general:-

The warranty is for 12 months from the date of sale by an accredited merchant based on the receipt.

If the warranty card is returned promptly then the 12 months is usually allowed to start up to about a year after the boiler was sent out by the manufacturer.

In the absence of a receipt or warranty card then its usually 15 months from the date it was sent out to the merchant.

At their discretation if a major component like a gas valve fails they they will often cover that a few months after the 12 months is up IF you are polite when you call !!! If you swear at them then its 12 pm the day before!

There is a certain amount of "warranty fraud" because the merchants dont quote serial numbers on their receipts. Some dodgy installers just produce a recent merchants receipt for a similar boiler.

Service engineers are on the lookout for tell tale signs that the boiler was not really installed last month! Well aged copper pipes, 10 mm of dust on top of the boiler etc. !

Tony

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Backs up my concerns completely. How do I regain confidence to fit Baxi again with all these problems :rolleyes: 1 week for an engineer to fix a combi :eek: Ridiculous :mad: BaxPoti, Baxmax and Poxi, sounds as though there is a very profitable market out there for you to tap into independently with your expertise ;)

If i had 10K i would be off like a shot.

Just going through this thread you say the boiler is only 14 months old. Well get on the phone and demand it be fix under "the sale for goods act" Take this all the way to the top you will get somewhere sooner than later.

poxi said:
Just going through this thread you say the boiler is only 14 months old. Well get on the phone and demand it be fix under "the sale for goods act" Take this all the way to the top you will get somewhere sooner than later.

Sorry, I had the wrong install date, the PCB failure was at around 1 year and 8 months and the leak was after 1 year and 11 months so no warranty:(

We had a couple of power cuts last night and now my baxi 133he isn't working. A heating engineer could find very little voltage within in the boiler, there where no warning/fault lights on as if it wasn't plugged in, but this was checked and there was power going to the boiler. When he opened the pcb you could smell burning but he said a new one would cost him £300 and it would be better to get baxi out for £250. But I seen and read that the pcb costs about £130. To change the pcb is it just a case of swapping the new for old

Yeah, these boilers are an absolute piece of sh@t. Ive had 2 PCB's, a fan, wiring loom, burner box door and a burner. My faults started after 18 months, its now limped to 5 yrs old. I'm aiming to replace every single part on the boiler by the time its 10...whats the bets i can :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back