baxi combi instant 105e pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am having a problem with a pressure build up only when the heating system is set to maximum,if i run the system from cold with 0.5 bar pressure and the thermostat control on the boiler set to half way it will rise to aprox 2 bar before the burner goes off,then the pressure will slowly drop about 0.5 bar before it fires up again,which to me seems okay.
But if i turn the temp control to max on the boiler the the pressure keeps building until the pressure exceeds 3 bar and starts to leak off thru the safety valve.
it was suggested to me that it could be the plate heat exchanger at fault but i have changed that and the fault still remains.
i have no problems with pressure gain or loss unless i exceed the safety valve pressure and as long as i keep the temp set to halfway then i have no probs at all.
the system is only 3 years old and had been running okay until this started,i have checked the line filters and they were spotlesly clean.
any idea's anyone???
thanks in advance
grumpy (ian)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back