Baxi Combi Instant 80e Losing Pressure - Faulty PRV or......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, sorry for my first post being a request for help - been lurking here a good while now, and will make sure I input some knowledge where I can to help others. Onto my little problem tho . . . . . . . .

OK, as per title I have a Baxi Combi Instant 80e. Losing pressure over a day or so if either not in use (heating) or little use. I have some water coming through the prv overflow pipe (not much though), and system runs fine once on - no rise in pressure to 3 bar like others who have had problems with the expansion vessel leaking. So am I right in thinking faulty PRV instead of the Exapansion Vessel ?

Or does anyone with more experience/knowledge have any other ideas ?

Many thanks in advance for your help guys - I need to get this one fixed for a decent cost now I'm currently out of work.

Cheers,

Mike

Sponsored Links
Anyone ? Before I go with my hunch and replace the PRV . . . . . . . .

Mike
:p

If the pressure is not rising (and gauge ok) and you are getting a drip from PRV then it certainly sounds like that is faulty . take 2 mins to change one nut and an allen screw.

While boiler is empty it wont do any harm to check the pressure on the expansion vessel

Sponsored Links
Yeah gauge is ok, and no rising pressure - just gradually falling pressure lol.

Right o, off for the part now as my local stockist has them in, I went and checked earlier.

I'll post up the outcome for the benefit of others.

Cheers Namsag,

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back