Baxi Combi Instant 80HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning guys,

I'm hoping one of you experienced people might be able to offer me some advice.

Yesterday I accidentally dislodged the condensate pipe on my boiler, obviously it's an easy job refitting it, however I noticed that the condensate trap was dirty so decided to clean it out. This is where my troubles began. Having removed the trap I cleaned it out, replaced it, refitted the wiring and turned my boiler back on. Unfortunately now it doesn't work. The power neon turns on but after about 25-30 seconds the flame failure light starts flashing. There are no sounds from the boiler after turning the boiler back on. I have it sent to winter mode with everything turned up to full. My room stat is on full too.

Can any of you advice as to whether I've done something drastic. I will say at this stay that I place a section of condensate pipe on the PCB housing while cleaning the trap, I noticed water on the housing and have opened the plastic housing and seen a very small amount of water within it, could this have stuffed the PCB?

I've looked at the fault finding diagrams for the boiler however they don't seem to show this specific issue (i.e. turning the boiler on and getting the flame failure light without anything else happening). Obviously there is fault finding for the flame failure error, the trap is now clean and I haven't touched the flame sensing electrode.

I'm obviously aware that if it's something other than basic I'll need a Gas Safe guy, if I've damaged the PCB I'd be inclined to change this myself, any advice would be appreciated though.

Yours,

Nigel

Sponsored Links
Did you refill the trap with water?

It is arguable that the condensate trap and waste pipe are part of the flue system and should only be worked on by an RGI.

Tony

Also if its got the earth connection on top, make sure this is dry and properly fitted.

Thanks guys,

I had destroyed the PCB as it happens, a costly mistake as it happened. Thanks for the advice though.

Sponsored Links
That's why as a trained Plumber I never went Corgi/Gas Safe ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back