Baxi - display error E133

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, could someone please help? We have 2 year old Baxi duo-tech boiler 28 and for some time now we got an error on display - E133. We done the restar/reboot as per instructions but it only works for few hourse and than stops. We had somebody in to check the fault, they done all the measurments and nessesary checks but couldnt find a reason for the error code.
Could somebody help?? I called heateam but they are asking for over £300 and its too much for me.. Maybe there is an ex-heateam engeener in E15 area available??
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Sadly it's a common fault on the baxi range of boilers,they don't no them selfs as it's on there website!!not a fan of baxi as I've have had poor history of failed pcbs/noisy fans and poor customer service.either way you will find it hard to lose the e1333 code,as if the pcb board is changed it will come back in the future I can be sure of that! Good luck

Usually just a small part in combustion box failed, common fault easily sorted

Sponsored Links
Sadly it's a common fault on the baxi range of boilers,they don't no them selfs as it's on there website!!not a fan of baxi as I've have had poor history of failed pcbs/noisy fans and poor customer service.either way you will find it hard to lose the e1333 code,as if the pcb board is changed it will come back in the future I can be sure of that! Good luck

Surely you mean E168
E133 is ignition failure

OP, reset the boiler and try again after you have confirmed gas is present.
If you still have a problem, get in touch with Baxi as your boiler will no doubt be under warranty.

See nothing wrong with Baxi range :rolleyes:
Have fitted a few, with issues generally where boiler has not been serviced (as per the manual)

E20 Central Heating NTC Fault
E28 Flue NTC Fault
E50 Hot Water NTC Fault
E110 Safety Thermostat Operated
E119 Water Pressure Switch Not Operated E125 Circulation Fault (Primary Circuit) E130 Flue NTC Operated
E133 Interruption Of Gas Supply or Flame Failure
E160 Fan or Fan Wiring Fault
E193 Pre-Circulation Fault

The Duotec has a seven year warranty (provided it's serviced annually), Heatteam should fix for free

Hi,
The display definitely shows E 133 - ignition failure.
We have done all the necessary checks and reboots, the gas supply is good but it doesn't work. The boiler is just over 2 years old so the warranty has finished....

Fitted a Duotec for my son. His boiler has FIVE year warranty.

Where do you get the two year warranty statement from?

Unfortunately due to an error of the person who installed the boiler I only have 2 years warranty. I have just spoken with Baxi and they confirmed that...

E133 Will usually need baxi out as most of time its a software fault they upgraded the software around 4 times before they got it right

No other engineer can update that? Does it have to be Baxi/Heatteam?

E133 is interruption of gas supply. When was it last serviced ? And did they check the electrodes ? Are you on a pay meter ?

We had a GS engeenier over a week ago, he checked everything - gas supply and flow and the fumes.. Ect , everything was ok but ghe boiler stoped working a day after that and now doesnt even want to restart.
No, we are not on a pay meter.

What did he come out to do?
Did he take it all to pieces or just have a quick check and stick a probe in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back