Explosive ignition after Gas Safety Check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
We have a Baxi Duo Tec 33 boiler. All was going well until we had our annual gas safety check yesterday (1st one as boiler is only 1 year old).

Basically, after the engineer had gone, I noticed there was no hot water. I flipped down the boiler and could see that the ignition light was not coming on. After a while the E133 error code came up (ignition or gas supply).
It took about 3-4 attempts at reseting the boiler, but eventually it came on and all seemed well, except for.......

Now when the water is turned on, it takes around 6-7 seconds for the yellow light to come on and there is a loud(ish) noise as the ignition comes on.

My questions are
1. Is it anything to worry about? I'm hoping it is a blip through having the gas turned off etc

2. What has the engineer done to make this happen?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I concur Dreadnought.

Dear oh dear. be gentle with you local Rgi...

We will call them tomorrow, but what can he have done to cause this-any idea's please?
I don't want them to wriggle out of it!

Sponsored Links
In general, a check is exactly that, no work is carried out.
What was the reason for the check?

The check was the annual safety check (private rented). Although we had the boiler and heating installed in a deal with the landlord and the boiler is under warranty (5 years) the boiler definately did not take the amount of time to light as before the check.
The chap came back today (whilst I was out) and rechecked it all, he said it is fine and not to worry about it.

He mentioned it would be under warranty to my wife, however my wife pointed out to him that it was ok before he checked it and if there is nothing wrong with it why would we need to get it checked under warranty? It is either a coincidence or just one of those things, although I have read on here that these boilers sometimes need a part replacing regarding the ignition?

If it was working fine prior to the inspection and now it lights with a BANG then the engineer has obvioulsy done something so get him back (its called a "Recall") we all get em from time to time it is what happen when you fix something that isn't broken :LOL: ..mind you if stand in the kitchen, keeping our hands in our pockets, we are still wrong! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back