Baxi Duo-Tec Combi - 'call for heat' light not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a 7 year old Baxi Duo-Tec Combi boiler which is (naturally) just a couple of months out of warranty.

The hot water is working fine, but the heating isn't coming on at all. It is definitely not the controls (which I have tested extensively) , and I have shorted out the thermostat terminals directly on the PCB but still nothing.

The heating light on the boiler isn't coming on at all, and there are no error codes. It's as if it just isn't receiving the signal.

I'm thinking it's the PCB on the basis that it's not even trying to fire up and it feels like an electrical issue rather than anything else. I can get a replacement off ebay fairly cheaply but would be really grateful for any thoughts of anything else I might be missing?

Thanks very much

James

Sponsored Links
Sounds like PCB to me but I wouldn't fit anything except a genuine, brand new in box one as a replacement. You don't know what's been done to these "refurbished" ones and whether they will affect the safe operation of your boiler

Yep, agree with @muggles, sounds like the pcb and wouldn’t buy secondhand or refurbed either. If you’re linking out the pcb end, then unless your selector is not on correct one, damaged, and the heating dial is up all the way, then wouldn’t really suspect anything else.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much both for the comments. I'm having to eat my words slightly in that after having another look at in the cold light of day I found that the problem was actually a seized up motorised valve which was leading to the boiler not being triggered properly. I don't know why I didn't realise this the day before but I was able to fix it by replacing the motor. So my boiler PCB lives to fight another day!

Thanks again

James

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back