Baxi Duo-Tec domestic water heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with our combi boiler where the dom hot water would water hammer and also run cold, this I associated to be the domestic water heat exchanger having become either blocked or very dirty. I removed the heat exchanger without any big issue thanks to a posting from a similar thread.
Now I have cleaned as best I could and the system is back working, I have also ordered a replacement exchanger so that I can change this out for a known clean one. My question is this, The heat exchanger is identical either end so it will fit in either way, but there "was" a label which while cleaning was destroyed so I am not sure as if it is the correct way round or not.
On the ported side of the exchanger there are two indents to one side, would these be at the top or the bottom when fitted if this is only supposed to go one way round.
I hope you can understand what I am describing, when the new one arrives I want to make sure I fit it the correct way if there is a correct way that is.

Sponsored Links
Top Tip - There is a section called PLUMBING and CENTRAL HEATING.

The clue is in the name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back