baxi duotec mk2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got the above boiler. On burner ignition whether for dhw or ch sometimes it will do something odd. The burner lights then it attempts to ramp up the power and it will "Stall" and rumble to a stop. It does this more often on dhw than ch I'm guessing because it has to ramp up the power more quickly. Then it can do it a few times in a row. I think after 3 times it stops and throws out an error requiring a reset by mains off and on. What could be the problem? It can take a couple of minutes to get hot water.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like thermistor or flow switch problem. Do you know were they are? Have a look in your manual.

Should have a 5 year warranty call baxi out

Sounds like the gas valve needs re-setting to me although there could be other issues, but as Gas112 has suggested it'll be under warranty (assuming it's had an annual service) so get Baxi out to sort it. Early ones of these are known to be a bit unreliable

Sponsored Links
Fitted an 'earlier one' for my son. Indeed did have issues that were ironed out by Baxi. Software update did the trick

Could be sediment related issues ( plate heat exchanger getting bunged up). Regularly see boilers with the issue where old boiler removed and new fitted with no attention being given to poor system water which then starts causing havoc fr new boiler. Good manufacturers like Baxi will probably repair once under warranty and advice action else no future warranty cover

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back