Baxi HE 80 Instant- Divertor Valve Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can point me in the direction to try and fix the following.

In a nutshell the pin in the divertor valve is sticking - see location in image below. (that's what I can decipher anyway).

When I run hot water the pin sticks out. It remains in this position and the heating never comes on when set on the timer or by using the 'Heating On' mode.
To get the heating to work I just pop off the sensor and push the pin in and the heating comes back on (if it's set to come on the timer etc..)

It has recently had a new diaphgram...

Any idea on what a fix might entail.

I have read somewhere that you pin might need greasing or could it be something more substantial. If so it might force me to purchase a new boiler.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
In a nutshell the pin in the divertor valve is sticking
That part you are pointing to is the differential valve, you have a restricted flow problem or weak pump problem, and your boiler is a Baxi HE 80 Instant, not an HE80 they are different

That part you are pointing to is the differential valve, you have a restricted flow problem or weak pump problem, and your boiler is a Baxi HE 80 Instant, not an HE80 they are different
Thanks for the reply. Is it easy to check if it a restricted flow problem?. I'll update the title too.

Thanks for the reply. Is it easy to check if it a restricted flow problem?. I'll update the title too.
drop the system pressure and cover the pcb cover with clingfilm or a towel , any remaning water in these goes straight into the electronics if not protected, remove and inspect the hydraulic venturi, (see manual ) they are the most common problem on these, they break up and cause the problem you are having , @gas112 is very experienced with these , I have tagged him for you and he might be able to suggest something else

pin may gunged up or it may have become detached from the the plate that its attached to plate moves for hot water and when it returns it leaves the pin activating switch , happening quite a bit on non instant 80 and 105s now they are getting on for 20 year old as plastic disintegrates

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back