Baxi Solo 2 40rs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me sort out my boiler Please.....

I've recently started having problems with my boiler as it wont stay on for more than fifteen minutes before cutting out, I've bled the radiators and checked the pump is working (its a Myson Compact Circulating Pump CP53), As far as I can tell the pump seems to be fine as it gets hot when the boiler is on and seems to be spinning freely, the radiators also heat up during the time the boiler stays on.

There is a small leak to the left of the pump where the pipe connects to the three way thingio!! Could this be the problem?

I'm a complete novice when it comes to this so please be patient if I ask some stupid questions!!

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do you have to reset the boiler overheat stat button?

Most likely inadequate circulation, causing the boiler to overheat.

Could be a tired pump, when heating on, do the pump pipes get hot quickly?
Incorrectly wired pump/pump overrun
If you have thermostats on all your rads, open one fully.
possibly incorrect bypass set up, if your diverters faulty?

Could also be a faulty main or overheat stat (run the boiler with stat on lowest setting)

Get the leak repaired

Sponsored Links
The pump pipes do get hot quite quickly, I've checked the pump and it seems to be spinning freely.

I've not long moved into the house and the system seems to be quite old so wouldn't imagine anything had been wired up wrong.

Should I close all the thermostats bar one and then try to run the boiler?

possibly incorrect bypass set up, if your diverters faulty? Sorry but I've no idea what this means (I told you I was a novice!)

I'll try the boiler with the stat at the lowest and get the leak repaired... it looks like its just a small leak where the pipe goes into the three way splitter by the pump.

thanks again and sorry if I sound like a total dumb ass!

Leigh9571 said:
Should I close all the thermostats bar one and then try to run the boiler?
no No NO!

Open all your thermostatic radiator valves fully, and see if this clears the problem.

Thanks for your help

Everything appears to be working ok now, I turned the thermostat down on the boiler and that seems tto have stopped it from cutting out.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back