Baxi solo 2 80 pf

H

hav it

Hi went to a job for work today, tenant said boiler not running right.

I found a few faults with boiler, first one is the boiler seems lazy to ignight. pilot very yellow at start of ignition (electonic) then a few seconds later the main burner lights sighly more ferce than normal.

Took cover off and found inside boiler very sooted. I cleaned out boiler ,took out burner ect removed valve plus manifold. I cleaned pilot and injecter out and could see no damage to parts.

On the reassemble i fitted a new valve just incase the valve was sticking slighly when igniting. All gas tests ok, working pressure + burner pressure ok. But still the same problem is happening i was wondering if anyone one here has had the same problem and ended up renewing the pilot injecters ect.

Sponsored Links
Did you check the flue thoroughly for any blockages/faults that could be starving it of oxygen?

flue and fan fan was working fine. I have had a similar problem on an ideal classic when the gasket between the pilot and the manifold had worn out this to caused sooting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back