Baxi Solo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay guys, what do you reckon, been to a Solo RF natural draught beast, 30,000btu, had new t/couple last year, (genuine part) pilot ok on it's own, switch on main burner clunks off after 20 seconds, serviced boiler, checked flue outlet/inlet and cleaned out pilot, adjusting screw makes no difference to pilot size !!!, gas inlet pressure 20 mb when running, burner rate 15mb correct, still clicks off after about 20 seconds, fitted new gas valve and pilot jet, guess what, still does the same, comments please :confused: :mad: :evil:

Sponsored Links
HLS dangling in the flames or dud, is the tc in the pilot when the mains light - you checked that though... um. Breezer would say the aps has gone..:)

Sponsored Links
The high limit stat which is a copper phial (not one of them silly little silver 5 pence peice types) and main stat fit has a groove for the high stat to fit together into the same hole through the front casing, so nothing dangling in the flames. Duh, never thought of the APS switch, never have this problem with my bottyworm boiler :cry:

I am almost sure I know what it is, but it looks like I have fitted a new gas valve and pilot jet unecessarily, I was just curious to see if anybody else twigged what it was, it's definately nothing to do with the limit stat, it's definately pilot lift when the burner comes on.

Normal boilerstat's about all else that's in there - as the aps obviously HAS gone. Bad connection on the thermocouple connector thingy?Pigeon nested in the flue? Flue fallen off?

Well, baring in mind this isn't an ancient boiler and physically it looks ok, it all seems to be down to the stupid little peice of metal which directs the flame onto the t/couple, no rust, no craap, no heat damage, but it's got that little bit on the inside bend with a slit in it, looks like the over a period of time has slightly opened up the slit half a millimeter, little bit of carful bending and it seems to have stopped the flame lift, because the pilot glass veiw hole is so small and that by design the front casing has to be fitted to have the pilot and boiler running and that the boiler is in a stupid place in a cupboard over the landing stairs, it's very difficult to actually veiw what the pilot is really doing, blooddy front of boiler was in and out more times than the okee kokee :cry:
anyway, keeping fingers crossed I dont have to go back again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back