Baxi solo 2 PF - PCB fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just joined up on this forum after looking online for an answer to a problem with my mothers boiler.

the boiler is about 15 years old and has been pretty good until recently when this problem occured

heating turns on and off fine and control via the thermostat and timer unit is fine. however when the boiler turns itself off automatically (whether by timer or thermostat) the pump remains on indefinately. She has got on by for now by manually turning off the pump but it is not ideal.

Now I'm not a plumber (am an engineer though) so I may be way out but I think it may be a relay issue on the PCB which is broken stopping the 'signal' to turn the pump off.

Any advice much appreciated.. Also how much should it cost to replace one by a professional? I am considering doing it myself as it seems relatively straight forward and doesnt involve touhing the gas... looks like the pcb should cost about 50quid

cheers

Sponsored Links
control engineering technology watford
recon pcb s
01923 229224
i dont work for them, just use their products

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back