Baxi Solo 40/4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all,
Great site!!!
Right I have a few questions for the masses!!!
I have recently taken out my old Baxi back boiler (Bermuda fire thingy) and replaced with quite an old second hand Baxi Solo which is now flued to an outside wall.
Everything works, However the boiler appears to have a mind of its own which I think is down to being wired wrong. The hot water and heating are turned off at the seperate control in the airing cupboard and heating thermostat is off BUT the boiler is still firing up and staying on all the time. Now I think this is wrong, surely with the system off the boiler should not be firing up as I don't want hot water or heating. Has anyone got a wiring diagram ? Or advice on this? When I was wiring it in this seemed to be the only way to get the boiler going????
Hope someone can lend some advice !!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
bit of a tricky one is it s plan (2 two port valves)
or Y plan 3 port valve
easiest way to wire it would be to buy a honeywell wiring centre as they show you where to put all wires

Port valves ??? I guess these are gas inlets/outlets?????
Honeywell wiring centre how much are these??? Would like to look into these !!!!!!!!! I have found a manual online for this boiler which may tell me a few things!!!!
Cheers

Sponsored Links
wiring centre is only about £30.00 ??? wiring to boiler is very simple as you only have switched live permanent live and live out to the pump :idea:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
wiring centre is only about £30.00 ??? wiring to boiler is very simple as you only have switched live permanent live and live out to the pump :idea:

Alarm bells are ringing again.

Old boiler, Port valves ??? I guess these are gas inlets/outlets?????, shall I continue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back