Baxi Solo - on and off- its the pilot light!!!!!Galwag help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
Baxi Solo WM 70/40 PF SS Gas combi boiler
what is / is not happening
The pilot light light keeps going out which causes the main gas valve solenoid to shut off.

How do I increase the pilot strength?

has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently
No
when did it (problem) start
Not sure, I've just come back from a 3 day holiday.
when does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off
All the time
anything else you feel may be of relevance
No

Hope you can help my kids and wife are getting very cold and its just started snowing.

Sponsored Links
Someone pleae help me. We are freezing our n*ts and t*ts off!!!

Cheers
Dom

are you sure its the fan that is still running and not the sound of the pump whirring ?

The fan is definitely running, I've got the cover off. When the main gas valve solenoid shuts off eveything continues as if it is about to light for the first time - pump is running, fan running, pilot valve solenoid open and electrode trying to light gas. Eventually it lights and then swiches off and goes through the same sequence.
I will say that it takes ages to light on most occasions. I changed the electrode but that made no difference.

cheers

Sponsored Links
are you saying that when pilot ignites it stays lit but goes no further or pilot ignites then goes out immediately and goes through ignition sequence again

galwag said:
are you saying that when pilot ignites it stays lit but goes no further or pilot ignites then goes out immediately and goes through ignition sequence again

I've just switched the light off and I've now seen the pilot light go out. This is what is causing the damn problem. Each time the pilot goes out it has to go through the sequence again.

What do I do? Can I increase the pilot light strength?

Many thanks

sorry dom but i cant pinpoint fault to one solitary component.

possibilities as i see it are :

pilot solonoid (breakdown of coil)

partially blocked pilot injector - corgi guy job

electrode lead

pcb

others may have different ideas. If you cant solve it get a pro out on a fixed repair rate + parts (not hourly rate)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back