Baxi Solo PF 80 fan / serial number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to order a replacement fan for a Baxi Solo PF 80, only problem is that the part could be one of 2 possible part numbers, depending on the serial number of the boiler.

The Baxi doc. says
'up to serial no. 8999' , GC 364-979
'after serial no. 9000' , GC 170-615.

The only serial number I can see is on the front of the combustion box, and it is 98-37-004661230948-02-02. GC number for the boiler is 41-077-75.

So is this the serial number I need ? and so 9837 is after 9000, so I need fan part number 170-615.

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I need to be sure.
Thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
You could ask baxi how the serial number system works, might be the last few digits of the long number but ask them as knows.

Or ring Geof at c.ontrol e.ngineering t.ecknowlogy with your old fan in front of you, describe what you are looking at and he will ask you questions like has it got a seam running down horizontal or is it vertical and stuff like that. Then he's supply you a recon unit.

Or ring spotty faced tubs of lard at parts centre and they won't have a clue what you are on about. Fan? a what? for what? That's not a bAxi part no.

Then ring Gas spares preston and you'll get someone who is really switched on that may have your answer and will certainly stock the part.

Bill

I have the same problem.

Are the first four numbers of the serial number the ones I am looking for ie in your case 9837 - is after 9000, thus the one you required was - 'after serial no. 9000' , GC 170-615.

Regards

Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back