Baxi vs Vailliant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Looking for some advice regarding Baxi vs Vailliant (Heat only) replacement boilers.
Our current Glowworn Fuelsaver 55f is now pushing 21 years old and to be fair hasnt missed a beat apart from new fan 7 years ago but thinking its now time to replace.

Recently had new Grundfos ALPHA2 pump instlled courtesy of british gas under homecare cover
and we have hive smart thermostat installed.

Iv'e had a few guys around (all local) and come with good recommendations
who have quoted on various makes and models but the general consensus seems to be
Baxi Ecoblue Advance 19 or Vailliant Ecotec + 418.

All the guys have quoted for
Drayton TRV 4 x 9 (Excluding 4 bathrooms)
Plume kit
Powerflush
Magnaclean
Make good brickwork
1st Annual service

Quotes vary from £1,800 to £2k with British Gas coming in at £3.3k

Only thing i'm in a quandry about is that we only have a 15mm gas feed which runs under a brand new kitchen floor and newly refurbed kitchen so dont want to start ripping floors up.

I believe the Baxi required a 22mm gas feed, whereas the Vailliant will be ok on 15mm.

All the fitters are aware of this, and the baxi guy has said it should be ok on 15mm feed
as we only run a gas hob and occasionally gas fire, but he would obviously need to ensure all pressure tests are ok.

I'm no expert but just wanted to check i'm getting the right story and being informed correctly
before making the decision.

Prices in the main seem to be coming our about the same, give or take a few hundread quid
to install in the huddersfield area.

Thanks for your time, any feedback appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Boiler make is not what determines the size of your gas pipe

Assuming both boilers were of the same power and so consumed the same amount of gas, so what difference could you imagine which would make one brand need a smaller size gas supply?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back