BAXI WM38 / 3RS - Heating advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've got the above named boiler, the house always seems cold though, can someone please give me some advise on the best way to keep it as warm as poss as cheap as poss.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Lets see:
* Insulating property to high standards (+retains heat) (-cost) and/or
* Flushing & treating primary water (+improved heat tranfer) (-cost)

Cheapest option = Jumpers hot drinks and bed early.

Most other ideas would tend to get twarted by the laws of physics.

It's definately working, radiators warming up and hot water. I've been told 3 ways...

1) 2x 1 hr bursts on top heat (not really working)

2) on constant whatever temp you want (even if on full) as the thermostat keeps turning the boiler off when that temp is reached (surely this will eat gas?)

3) keep on constant but lower as when fired up the boiler uses loads of gas, small constant more effective of short sharp burst. (only concern is will it heat the water)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For god sake its quite simple really.

Turn it on and keep it on until you are warm enough then set the thermostat at that temperature and leave it there.If you want to be warm all the time then the heating will need to be on all the time!!
Problem is if your heating system or house are crap then its gonna cost a lot.
What more do you expect anybody to say :rolleyes:

What you appear to be asking is how can I get really warm for as little as possible and the answer is...........

Bloody infinate given that we on the other end of the internet.

Look I'm just asking for a bit of advise no need to post a reply like that. I've never used central heating before and everyone seems to have an opinion, luckily they don't talk to me like you! Talk about putting someone off using a website

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back