baxi105e drip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I don't really intend to try and and recirfy this problem myself, (unless its a piece of cake - which these things rarely are) but I just want to know that I am being told the truth when I get someone in to sort this out for me.....

Anyway - I have a baxi 105e which is dripping water from what looks like a hole where a grub screw should be in the diverter valve assembly. The water is dripping probably about once a minute at the mo and boiler function doesn't seem to be affected - yet.

The water is clean ie. doesnt seem to be c/h water.

I've had a search on here and seen similar problems but not anything that matches this 100%.

I just want to know what could cause these symptoms so if I'm told its something else, I can at least query it.

If it helps if you look at the diagram in the previous post quoted below, its leaking clean water from the mauve part - from a hole where there isnt a grub screw.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76098

thanks in advance for your time folks.

Jim

Sponsored Links
There will be a seal leaking from either the rear of the DHW diaphragm housing or the main body of the diverter valve.Either way it is simple to replace if you have the confidence.A kit is available that contains all the necessary parts to fully overhaul the valve.The kit I've shown is for Alpha, but its the same as your Baxi. View media item 30316

thanks 45years. Just to clarify, if I order the alpha kit you show, that will include the parts I need?

Also, does the CH system and the primary system need to be drained to replace this part?

Sorry if I sound dense - I just want to be sure I've understood.

Cheers

Yes, all parts are contained in the kit including grease.To change these parts,both ch and cold supplies need to be drained.No special tools needed.Cover the pcb control box to prevent water damage.

Sponsored Links
Hi all - Update time.

Was the DHW diaphragm assembly that was leaking. Where the pin comes out the back to push the pin in the 3 way valve.

There must be a o-ring within the brass nut (like a gland nut i guess) that had failed.

Cost me £85 as i has to replace the whole diaphragm assembly.

Happy - until someone here tells me that you can buy a new nut for 4p.

Seems to have cured the problem. I hope that remains the case.

Hi all - Update time.

Was the DHW diaphragm assembly that was leaking. Where the pin comes out the back to push the pin in the 3 way valve.

There must be a o-ring within the brass nut (like a gland nut i guess) that had failed.

Cost me £85 as i has to replace the whole diaphragm assembly.

Happy - until someone here tells me that you can buy a new nut for 4p.

Seems to have cured the problem. I hope that remains the case.

Hi Jime

Think this is what's wrong with my boiler.

The new nut you mention here - is that simply a grub screw for the assembly - the one you mentioned earlier which was missing on your model (and mine too), or a different nut? I don't wanna resort to having to fork out for the whole unit like you did if there's a way around it.

Much thanks for your input into this for me. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back