BBC's opinion of Brown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you get the impression that the BBC aren't that fond of Brown? I know he never looks particularly handsome, but this is typical of the pictures they use of him:

_45183159_gordonbrown.jpg

(taken from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7715082.stm)

Look familiar? ;)
Mr.%20Gumby.gif

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thats the problem to-day politics is now showbusiness, all style and no substance. It has been said the reason william hague was unelectable was because he was bald and women would never vote for a bald man.
The last bald prime minister was churchill i think, but that was before high definition televisions became widely available.

Yes, we should return to staid and serious-looking politicians in morning suits and top hats ;)

I'm only half-joking. I dress the part for work, why should politicians be any different? You never see bowler hats around Town anymore, why can't people have a little more class?

Sponsored Links
Thats the problem to-day politics is now showbusiness, all style and no substance. It has been said the reason william hague was unelectable was because he was bald and women would never vote for a bald man.
The last bald prime minister was churchill i think, but that was before high definition televisions became widely available.
Maybe but I know that when Hague spoke it put me to sleep! The man has a terminally BORING voice. He is just NOT a great public speaker. If we take someone like Obama on the other hand, whatever you think of the guy, he is a great word smith and orator. Then we have the matter of looks. I'd bet a kings ransom that more women will find Obama attractive than they will Hague. Whether we like it or not, presentation has a massive impact on a person's likability! Is that 'show business'? I don't know, but its the way most of the human race gauge each other.

Back