Hello,
Sorry if this is a daft Q. Building a garage. For the rafter overhang on outer wall I read 12" is good for a garage. I want to keep everything as off the shelf as possible without never ending trims and cuts.
So my Q, is that measured a simple 12" out from the outer wall edge. Cutting my plumb line to that. Because that's going to determine the length of wood I buy for the rafter.
I ask because there's 2 measurable edges, base and/or longest side..
(generic cut image from the internet)
and then add to this gutter and clips I'm seeing this sticking out 18" on a 12" overhang. Is that right ?
I'm going to do 12" overhang on the other ends, the rake.
many thanks
PG
Sorry if this is a daft Q. Building a garage. For the rafter overhang on outer wall I read 12" is good for a garage. I want to keep everything as off the shelf as possible without never ending trims and cuts.
So my Q, is that measured a simple 12" out from the outer wall edge. Cutting my plumb line to that. Because that's going to determine the length of wood I buy for the rafter.
I ask because there's 2 measurable edges, base and/or longest side..
(generic cut image from the internet)
and then add to this gutter and clips I'm seeing this sticking out 18" on a 12" overhang. Is that right ?
I'm going to do 12" overhang on the other ends, the rake.
many thanks
PG
