Because Freddy said so....

Oh dear!

Doubtless a quality job with regard to construction and finish, but that barge-board.................................. :cry:

Architect/plan-drawer needs to have his scale rule wrapped across his knuckles - hard.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear!

Doubtless a quality job with regard to construction and finish, but that barge-board.................................. :cry:
I know!
The alternative would have been worse. It would have meant building part of the sloping gable masonry over the back door lintel. This would have looked really odd.

By doing what I did by off setting of the plane of the barge back from the plane of the fascia etc it makes an obvious distraction rather than trying to force something work.

Symmetery was never an option. I felt that having a weird bit of gable masonry jutting out over that back door would have looked horrific especially with hideous yellow bricks.

Symmetery was never an option.

What the 'Architect' should have done in that case is to accept this, and design something which is deliberately and concsiously a-symmetrical, eg by omitting the gable altogether.

As it is, it looks as though he's tried as hard as humanly possible to make it symmetrical, but only just failed at the last hurdle............dreadful.

Sponsored Links
It is a rear elevation extension - not the principal elevation so not the end of the world.

I'll build something really offensive around the back to take your eye away from the faux-pas. Any ideas? :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back