CavityTrays

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a builder recently completed a kitchen inspection at my property, however the building inspector has told him he needs to fit cavity trays on the gable ends of the single story extension.

From what i can see i hav these at just above floor level because i can see those weep vents.

my question is how easy are cavity trays to fit as the external wall is already built to roof level and the internal blockwork is about 800mm lower(needs finishing).

Could someone tell me whats involved, does part of the wall need to be taken down?

i really need some help because i dont fell i can trust the builder anymore :(

Thanks In advance

Sponsored Links
I wouldn`t be too hard on the builder :LOL: I`ve yet to find one who really knows about tray detailing .........because in the old days :rolleyes: the plumbers used to make /fit them for the brickies..just another symptom of modern building :rolleyes: But then I was a poorly paid trad. maintenance plumber :oops: :cry: Try a Google on- Cavity Trays of Yeovil- they do a modern answer to almost any situation...inc. retro-fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back