Bed for driveway ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have layed and whacked 100mm of mnot tyoe 1 for my drive and will be starting to lay 50mm 2 x 2 flags on sat. I have been reading alot of mixed views for the bed for the flgas. I was looking at laying them on 5:1 grit sand / cement. Is this ok ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
150mm would be better for a driveway. The mix is fine but personally i go 4:1

Sponsored Links
do you have the dpc clearance to add another 50mm of sub-base?

Personally i lay them on a wet mix as i find it quicker. just a bit stiffer than bricklaying mortar and because its sharp sand it does'nt hold water the way building mortar would so it doesn't get floaty

do you have the dpc clearance to add another 50mm of sub-base?

Personally i lay them on a wet mix as i find it quicker. just a bit stiffer than bricklaying mortar and because its sharp sand it does'nt hold water the way building mortar would so it doesn't get floaty

No havent got the clearance now, if I go with a screed instead of a wet mix do I need to whack the screed ot just lay after screeded ?

As previously said 150mm of well compacted type 1 would have been better.

Id lay them on a full bed of wet mortar, 4 sharp sand to 1 cement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back