Bedroom aircon recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently I have a portable aircon unit in my bedroom and although it works ok and cools down the room sufficiently if left on for a couple of hours before bed the room soon starts to warm up again (south facing so the wall heat up).
I could leave it on but its noise especially when it turns off and then back on again and as I suffer from hayfever leaving the window open is not the best idea.

So I am looking for a split aircon system and am looking for some recommendations and idea of what I should look to be paying.
The external unit can be fitted on the opposite side of the wall to the internal unit as I am end terrace and have a path and then a hedge to the side of the house.

Are the airforce DIY units from B&Q any good?
I can imaging the external unit would have to be mounted up the wall a bit as I think the connecting hose is 4m in length.

Perhaps I should get a professionally fitted system instead.
I have comtacted a couple of installers in Reading and I have one coming round Thursday for a site visit to give a quote.
Any idea what I should expect to pay?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back