Bedroom ventilation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a newbie question. We live in a small 1960's ground floor flat. In the bedroom is an airbrick that's causing my girlfriend a lot of issues (she's Scandinavian where houses are draught free, apparently!) This is the only airbrick in the property.

Despite having this draughty vent, the bedroom still suffers from a musty smell in the corners.

The Council has filled in all the airbricks in the block apart from my mine (because I was at work when they came round).

So clearly the airbrick is not helping with airflow and the Council think it's OK to fill-in these vents, so is it OK for me to use exterior grade filler to block off my air vent too and try to come up with another means of ventilation (e.g. simply leaving windows open when at home)?

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsored Links
Try taping some rigid plastic (think ice cream tub lid or similar) over the vent to temporarily block it up to see how things go before you block it up permanently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back