Bedroom walls - paint or paper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well after a few years i finally started to remove the woodchip in the bedroom that the last owners put up as i feared it would be a pain so just painted over the past couple of years.
Really suprised as it came off easier than any paper in the past as it was put on over painted walls?
Apart from a couple of minor blemishes which i'll fill in the walls are almost perfect and I was thinking of just painting them (light grey) instead of papering (never tried that before) as i see on the TV shows people seem to paint the rooms instead of wallpapering

Would a couple of coats of emulsion be ok or should i use a coat or 2 of undercoat on the walls? Bear in mind the walls already have what looks like semi gloss on - i know to sand the walls before painting so the new paint will have something to grip onto

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back