Beenie's got it all wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got Property Ladder on in the other room. Now, I usually love Sarah Beenie and her top tips... plus the advice she gives isn't bad either ;)

But, she was just suggesting that a combi boiler should be fitted to a large duplex maisonette to supply two or three showers :eek:

As someone who has experienced a combi boiler shower in a large house (large pipe run, presumably in 15mm), I really can't picture a combi supplying two, let alone three showers effectively.

Sponsored Links
The combi boiler in my last flat gave a better shower than any electric unit I've ever used. I guess you couldn't have more than one on at the same time though.

Shouldn't this be in plumbing?

i am not a plumber!!! when i had my combi installed u obviously have mains in and water out heated through the boiler. There is only so much pressure there and if i have the washing machine, down stairs kitchen hot tap, toilet hot tap and shower on there is a reduced flow........so god knows what sort of dribble would come out of all that plus a couple more showers!! :LOL: (please any plumbers correct any mistakes ;) )

Well, I thought general seeing as it's more just a shaking my head in disbelief at Sarah B's advice being incorrect.

You both got it: a well-installed combi is great for a single shower, but as soon as you start trying to do several things with it at once, you only have so much pressure. A 30kW combi has the heat to power several showers (well, it should be able to at least match 3x 8.5kW showers), but it can only heat as much water as it gets.

Sponsored Links
well when you got a great frontage, an narrow gabble ends, the main point is always the Face of the property an that over the years has been superb ... Im sure celler areas are well looked after an frontage dip/dabbed to keep up on that dampness, knowing the house an the Owner Im sure he attends to it well an keeps the dampan cure sorted ,

All said in the plummy upper class whine of ,Location /Location Presententers , an to see the fat gal at the damp patch an paying lip service to the fronts beautiful gaping facsade...lol

Back