Beep beep!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2020 Nissan Micra Acenta. For no reason the car beeps twice when I'm going along at the legal limit, often in light traffic in good weather. Sometimes three or four times a day, sometimes never. Does anyone have this model and have an idea where the beep is coming from? The car is running perfectly and no error lights or signs appear.

Sponsored Links
On our Audi and on many other cars, you can set a warning to sound when certain speeds are reached. I have mine set at 99mph. Look into the settings menu and disable or adjust it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
is that a speed limit warning that you are going OVER , I also have a warning set to 75mph to alarm
But there maybe a setting for the speed limit from the nav system to warn you as well

not the same model - but may help find it

or

Sat nav?

Mine made all sorts of annoying alert noises when I first got the car, until I'd figured out what they were, and how to silence them.

Why 99 mph ? If you wanted to avoid German careless/dangerous driving laws it should be 80 mph. Nothing correlates with 99 ( or 100 ) mph.

Thanks to everyone for the very helpful replies. Yes, it was a speed limit warning, I think. I believe that the settings (including the speed limit indicator) can be updated - any idea how? I often drive on that section of the A20 which has been in the news recently - the limit on one section near Sidcup (coming from Eltham) has been lowered to 40 from 50 due to frequent flooding, but my indicator still says 50. (A sign saying 50 was inadvertently left in place at the start of this section and hundreds of drivers have been fined - there might be a group court case to challenge this). My speed limit sign is not on the satnav though, it's on the Micra display so does that mean it's not actually part of the satnav? I'm going to try to update my settings soon, but you have to connect to a wifi network - it won't use the mobile signal, apparently. I don't think my Micra will fit in the living room though:unsure:. Seriously, any tips about updating? I can back my car up so that it picks up my home wifi (just).

my indicator still says 50.

My car has a camera - by the rear-view mirror, facing forward through the windscreen - that reads the sign.
Perhaps your is a similar system?
If that is the case, you can't stop that; only silence the "beep"?

Sponsored Links
Back