Beeping smoke alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering anyone knows how to stop the smoke alarm beeping? I've attached a photo of it. It will beep once every 30 seconds for a few hours and then stop and then a few hours later start over again. I thought it maybe still needs a battery even though it's mains powered so opened it up and there doesn't seem to be battery slot. Although it does look potentially like theres one there that you can see on the picture but it won't open as the plug with the wires blocks it from opening and the plug with the wires won't come out anyway.

Hope you can advise.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230704_112922.jpg
    20230704_112922.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
Look like you can you pull out the plug by unclipping it.

Usually a back up battery failing causes that bleep every 30 mins or so.

Sponsored Links
1. The wires will unplug. Allowing removal of the cover to access to the backup battery.

2. Check any dates on the alarm itself. They usually have a 10 year life for the smoke sensors and it may all need replacing.

3. Find the manual for the alarm. It would help you. Contact the makers if necessary https://hispec.co.uk/mains-interconnectable-109-c.asp

Thanks, how do I unplug the wires, when I pull them (Well the plug they are attached too it won't budge).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back