Ei141 Alarms beeping even though no mains and all heads removed!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Random alarms starting beeping every 30 seconds last night. I removed the heads, hoovered them and changed the batteries. Still beeping. So i've turned off the mains power and removed all the heads and they are still beeping even though there is no head (the thing with the battery and the test button on it) Any ideas? It's driving me and kids mental!! Cheers

Sponsored Links
Says its fine until May 2019, so based on 10 year life 5.5 years old. Maybe the entire unit including that screwed into the ceiling (which i don't understand how that beeps! as it just provides power i thought) needs to be changed? thanks for the reply

That's the base only the mains wiring in that , either one of the heads is faulty or there is another smoke / heat detector you haven't checked

Sponsored Links
Exactly, my wife had hidden a Co2 detector behind some hats and a plant equidistant between two detectors! All sorted now. We have peace. Thanks for the replies. That's what i couldn't understand, its just wiring!! thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back