Being Burgled.

not in this area it is not. Burglaries in this area are typically planned and reckied burglaries, rather than random break ins, as these would not go unnoticed. The only random break-ins that happen in this area are people stealing change from unlocked cars.

They would get significantly more swag from a yupie house than a house that was spit into flats after the previous housing crash, and that house is less likely to be renovated, in other words it would be more run down/rudimentary.

breaking form the exterior are pretty much 0% in this road. Terraced houses don't really lend themselves to it. Especially if the end of the block has nice high building blocking access to all the back to back gardens.

I didn't say they were going to ring the doorbell before the break in :LOL:

Sponsored Links
breaking form the exterior are pretty much 0% in this road. Terraced houses don't really lend themselves to it.

Is there any other way....????? Do they burrow through from loft to loft.???? :LOL:
I didn't say they were going to ring the doorbell before the break in :LOL:
Funny you should say that. That's exactly what they do during daylight hours.
All I was saying was......... Are multiple doorbells a genius idea??? NO :LOL: ;)

I meant back of property.

multiple doorbells in the right application aren't a bad idea. But anyway the point is gernal subterfuge can work in you favour.

The fact that the property sounding have all been broken into over twenty year and this one hasn't speaks for itself.

It is a big difference if you are living in a suburb in a semi and you have you car in your drive.

I'm thinking about having a set of curved walls and some gates built on the front of our house as atm there are loads of break-ins occuring.

Is this something I need planning permission for?

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking about having a set of curved walls and some gates built on the front of our house as atm there are loads of break-ins occuring.

Is this something I need planning permission for?

Save yourself the expense, invest in multiple doorbells. :LOL:

Given the OP's location and the type of people in the gang, then would it really make any difference if there was a mortice lock or if the ladder was chained?

A pub near me was robbed by a gang a few days ago and they did it in opening hours, and as well as the takings, they collected jewellery/watches/cash etc off the punters too!

I don't suppose there is much to be done when a gang visits, just hope it's not to become a regular thing being it's so easy for them

It's not nice at all. :(
4 guys in hoodie jackets.
My nephew was on the premises as it was happening and alerted a few people who alerted the police.
8 houses done in my area today and one poor soul badly beaten up.

Front door busted in and the two shotguns stolen. :(
House was a complete mess. Cabinet doors pulled off the hinges and stuff strewn all over the place. :(
Forensics guy left about 8:00 pm.
Had a police chopper hovering over my house for a while.

The police seem determined to catch these vermin but I don't think they will.
Home security is now high on my list of priorities.
Security gates (either tracked or cantilever) then cameras everywhere until the place is bristling with them both in the open and covert.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No more than you deserve! Where was Allah when you needed him?! :evil:

The gang that visited the OP were not your average house burgular's.
These guys arrived knowing full well someone may challenge them.
So they would be well armed.
The other stolen shotguns would be in the boot and someone probably carrying a handgun also.

Fit what ever door security you want and cameras also. Weld it up with armour plating if you want.
These guys will get in rest assured.
With a gun held to your head you will readily hand over any keys.

Had he been at home and gained the upperhand and shot some of them and apprehended a few , then he does a spell inside and when released will be burned in his bed. If his home is not already toast before he gets out.
Its a no win situation. Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
You wouldn't need any links then as you would be reading about it on the front pages.

Google Nally's law. (might bring it up)
Guy in the Ireland who shot a guy dead on his premises and was facing life inside.
The law was being reviewed at the time and the head minister was sitting in on the case.
A couple of days before the trial ended the hot shot ministers neighbours (father and daughter) were run over by burgulars.
The daughter survived. (you won't find that bit on google)

The law went through.
Someone challenging you on your property in SI and facing you can be lawfully killed.

ah, a Yale :(

did the keep burst off the frame?

a mortice lock is far stronger. I use a Chubb 3R35 as it automatically latches, but it does not meet the current BS as it is quite an old design

problem with a gate is that people will tend not to lock it every time. However it does make it much more difficult for someone to walk out of the house carrrying your stuff.

problem with a mortice lock is no one locks it.. ever, if you have a yale lock (night-latch) !

The real genius is two door bells. They are both wired to ring and this something that was put in twenty odd years ago.

I'm obviously missing the 'genius' of this idea. Two doorbells ???? I've re-read your post a couple of times and i'm none the wiser.
I don't get it. :confused:
two doorbell means a house split into flats, typically occupied by people with less disposable income, it also means there is people kicking about at different times.

That's a genius thought, you should send the idea off to Dave Gormans show. But the flaw has been posted, in that 2 properties, mean twice the swag. 2 lots of TV, microwave, etc..

a mortice lock is far stronger. I use a Chubb 3R35 as it automatically latches, ..

problem with a mortice lock is no one locks it.. ever, if you have a yale lock (night-latch) !
no yale needed on mine as the 3R35 has that function. I deadlock it when I leave as well, which prevents it being opened from inside with the knob.

That's a genius thought, you should send the idea off to Dave Gormans show. But the flaw has been posted, in that 2 properties, mean twice the swag. 2 lots of TV, microwave, etc..
The tv you can get in a yupie house can be anything like four times as much as a a tv in a flat even if it was new. Microwaves are not worth anything, especially not the ones in digs. Plus you are talking about jewellery, antiques, all kinds of electronic equipment. Flat don't have space to store this crap even they could afford it. These people own their property, and have load of disposable income, those renting don't. I did tell you that people come specifically to this area to target these yupies.

But as I said the main point was general subterfuge. Although that become increasingly difficult the bigger the property.

Sponsored Links
Back