Beko CA5411FFW2 Tapping Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Odd issue with our Beko fridge/freezer - it's started to make a tapping sound, coming from the back of the unit. I have checked and the sound is not coming from the compressor area, rather the area above it with the black radiator grille.

See video attached below for the noise.

I've defrosted it (it's frost free), the fan in the freezer compartment is unobstructed (there's nothing on that shelf), and the ice tray is empty.

To confirm, it is cooling just find in both the fridge and freezer sections, and the thermostat is responding when you turn it up and down, you can hear the compressor start and stop.

I'm at a loss -- can anybody point me in the right direction as to what is causing this noise please? It is quite loud and keeps us up at night!

Thank you in advance! :)

Sponsored Links
Does the noise continue when the compressor stops? Can you disconnect the fan?

Hi JJ

The noise stops when the compressor stops.

I opened up the back panel in the freezer where the fan is and there are no obstructions/blockages behind there.

I disconnected the freezer fan but the noise continues - it is audible up the back of the unit, probably halfway up the back of the fridge compartment more so than anywhere else.

Stumped!

Sponsored Links
Hi Kaycee

What was the resolution to this problem?

We've just bought a new Beko fridge/freezer yesterday, and we are having exactly the same issue already

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back