Beko DRCS68W Motor Stalling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Beko DRCS68W drum stopped turning, so I checked the belt but it is fine. Discovered that the motor was stalled, and with a bit of encouragement it would start to move the drum.

With the belt disconnected the motor turns fine.

Checked the drum bearings around the door and they were shot. Replaced them along with the felt bearing...but no better.

Any ideas as to the problem? Motor brushes?

Sponsored Links
Check the motor windings. Once overloaded by a resisting broken bearing, the windings can be damaged and lose torque. See youtube for motor checking. The motor commutator might need cleaning. This can be done using sandpaper.

Sponsored Links
So I checked the motor and it was fine.

Just in case it helps someone else in the future, they use permanent split capacitor motors, so there's no brushes. The two phases each measured 23R, and 46R across them both, so no shorts or open circuits. No obvious damage, scorching or the like either.

So I checked the start/run capacitor and found that it wouldn't charge up. I replaced it and...fixed!

Big thanks to www.yourspares.co.uk, who are just around the corner from me and supplied the capacitor...even though the 'computer said no (stock)', the guys went and eyeballed the shelf and found one for me. I'd have been stuck until Tuesday without them, nice work guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back