Beko DRVS 62S tumble dryer problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have the above dryer,which has a persistent filter light problem
It runs for about 5-10 mins then the filter light appears,the filter has been cleaned thouroghly,and the little sensor below the drum with 2 strips on has also been removed and cleaned.
The hose looks ok though I haven't inspected it for any build up of fluff etc,it's easily visible as the machine is in the garage.
Any idea what I can do next?
TIA

Sponsored Links
This could be due to a build up of fluff in the internal ducting restricting air flow causing temp to rise to an unacceptable level.

If I recall rightly there is also a sensor at the top of the front drum housing as well as the sensor dry sensor (2 bar sensor just inside the drum by the filter), may not be easy to get to without removing the drum.
The front drum housing may need cleaning out, there are filters that go around half of the housing on either side of the fluff filter but don't think these can be removed without taking the drum out.

In any case you are probably best to strip down fully and clean out. Also check that the motor fan is tight on the spindle whilst your in there, pointless not to whilst its stripped down and it could probably do with cleaning as well.

Thanks I'll have a look at the points you've mentioned.
I'm picking up a used hot point dryer I've got as part payment for some plumbing work,so at least I'll have a dryer while I clean out this one

Sponsored Links
Stripped all the air ductwork out and cleaned any stuck fluff deposits, but still tripped out when tested.
I did find the sensor at the top of the drum,and wondered if that was a sort of overheat type sensor,so I made up a blank plate to replace it and left it dangling outside its housing to see if it worked ok, but still the bl00dy thing did it.
Any more ideas before I adjust it with my sledgehammer?

Have you checked the front stat ( top thermostat that you now have dangling at the front)?
With a hair dryer heat it up.
Note the results before and after on resistance setting.

There is a possibility that theres a fault on the main pcb control board found behind the front fascia panel.
I have this dryer (DRVS62W- in White) but not at home so can do some comparisons on stats and board etc if need be so put your sledge hamner down for now!

Another possibility is a faulty door switch, cant remember if the door switch also operates the clean filter light. Does the dryer turn on the light if you open the door whilst its on? ( open the door before the light comes on by itself.
Most dryers turn the clean filter and empty water lights on after the programme has finished just as a reminder to the user to check them.

As you have cleaned it all out and assuming the front stat is fine (40k ohms approx, drops to around 24k with heat, depending on how much heat) then the only other thing to check are the stats on the heating element. If all these are ok there must be a fault on the control board.
Filter light does not come on when you open the door whilst running on mine.
If you want to proceed with some checks/comparisons on the control board let me know.
Heating element top stat 40k depending on room ambient temp, bottom stat N.C (0 ohms, short circuit).

Fan definately attached and turning?
I believe there are 2 variations of fan arrangement on these Beko models, 1 type has one fan, the other has 2 fans.
And definately cleaned inside the front drum housing?

Right multimeter set to 200k, cold 43.8 (dryer lives in garage at bottom of the garden so very cold) warmed in front of fan heater drops to 2.8 but probably much hotter than dryer would actually get.
Filter light does not come on when door opened on mine either.
Only one fan,it's rotor looks like a hamster wheel.
I removed the fan,electric motor etc as one unit and cleaned not a lot of build up from bottom bend just before the fan,the rest was clear,there seems to be a good output of air from the outlet,all testing with hose detached,so it's not restricted.
I'll check the other stats near the heater when I get time to remove the 300 screws
Many thanks.

Check heating element looks good whilst your at it and not fluffed up. Usually the insulator running through the middle of the element deteriorates and the element drops and touches the element below it, because its 'shorted' the element gets hotter than it should and can burn out the element. Just worth checking whilst your in there.
About 20 screws hold the rear plate in place, ridiculous I know. Never seen one with so many screws before.

Personally I think we will be troubleshooting the control board.

Also check all connectors are firmly seated on the control board.

Ok will check all points you've mentioned,will post back in next day or so,thanks for all the advice.

Decided to crack straight on with it as the Mrs had some boring costume drama on,now wish I hadnt.
Top stat 48.5 but garage is freezing cold,bottom one OL
I ran the machine with back cover off to check the elements, only the top 2 glowed red,the bottom one didn't,should that be the case?
Then I dropped my screwdriver,hit the top element and broke it,so now none work at all :oops:
So now I need a new element just to get back to where I am now,and possibly a new PCB,dunno if it's worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back