Beko DRVS 62S tumble dryer problems

Sponsored Links
With power off check those heater stats again. Should get same results as before but make sure.
Is the element obviously broken? Broke in half? Break in the wire?
Could be it just shorted to ground and tripped the fuse board breaker or fuse blown in plug.

The results were with the power of,the element is broken,the centre part not the coil.
The machine still runs but without the elements heating up.

I see, the insulator that runs through the middle of the coil.
Are 2 of the coils now touching? This is only an insulator that holds the flimsy coil rigid so that it does not sag.
If the coils are touching its bad but if not then you should be fine.
Usually one break in the insulator is fine but its when its broke in 2 or 3 places It causes the coil to drop right down on top of the coil below it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks,I'll have another look tomorrow.
Thanks again for all the advice

All may not be lost yet!! Had another look, and started the dryer to see what it did,and the element did heat up again,but shut off and stayed off as soon as it reversed direction.
Then I realised it must be looking for some airflow over the element and thermistors,which it wouldn't have with the cover off,so rigged up a fan to blow cold air over the element and sensors,and it stayed on.
But I noticed still only 2 of the 4 elements heated up,or at least only 2 glowed red.So is this normal? Do the other 2 heat up on another setting?
If the machine has a faulty element,would the machine sense a lack of heat and assume the filter is blocked?

I believe the sensors/stats connect directly to the control board which monitors the heat as opposed to the simple design whereas they are connected inline with the heating elements which would cut the element in and out as the stats switch in and out.
So if all the elements are heating (they don't necessarily glow red when hot) are you sure the elements are clean, not dusty, as its dust/fluff that usually burns and causes the element to glow/burn.
If the elements look good then they probably are good.
Bad elements are usually blackened and worse case perished(break in the wire).

Because its crucial the element is cooled put the cover back on, to check the elements use you meter to read current draw or volt drop at the connections at the front fascia panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back