Beko Extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Beko extractor cooker hood, the cowboys who built the house blocked the output with tape (and made it look like it was vented) I have drilled a hole in the wall and vented it to the outside but now the noise from the fan is really loud when its on.

I think its pretty cheap unit and I may change it but are there any easy ways to slow a the fan speed down with these cooker hoods that anyone knows of? the min setting seems way too powerful and when its on max all the glasses in our cabinets vibrate.

There a three press switches on the front for slow medium and fast. I can't see any real adjustment settings on the fan box inside. Does anyone know what signal goes to these type of swithces on the front?

I thought another option maybe to put a charcoal filter in to dampen the noise a little. as it just has a grease filter at the moment.

My hesitancy to change it is I've spent time boxing it in and I'll need to take it all off to change it

Sponsored Links
Not sure of your model if you could post the model type would help
You may have got some debris inside the unit worth opening up to see.
Also some times the fan wheel can become loose and even drop off. So check for that. If it has, any fixing nuts could be laying in the bottom of the the unit.

Hi it's CWB 6441 X, everything seems secure and tight. The fan is in a plastic box that seems sealed.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you need to gain access to the fan, to investigate whether it has become loose or dismounted it's fixings or whether debris is within that area and rattling about.
Normally need a to use a the security bits for your driver due to the installation of tamper proof fasteners.
Access is usually gained through the underside trap, where the grilles are.
It's not not a unit I have dealt with personally, so cannot give you step to step guidance on the best method to use to access the fan and I cannot find a parts diagram on-line to explain better to you.
But looking at the spec of the mode,l they are a little noisy.
Is the noise factor something that has always been a problem or something that has got worse/? As you definition of noise, could differ to others and the vibration of glasses could be down to the cabinet shelves.
Might be worth considering storing the glasses elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back