Beko WM1715s Door Light On

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Beko WM1715s Washing Machine has suddenly ceased to function it all looks normal but the Door Light remains on and the programme doesnt start.

The catch on the door and the rubber all appear fine as is the pluming at the rear (as far as i can tell) is there anything else i could/should try before going washing machine shopping?

I have phone 3 repair places and they have all told me it would be cheaper to replace the washer : (

Thanks in Advance

Steve

Sponsored Links
Just to bump this up the queue really before i out out and spend £250 on a new washing machine.

I have tried everything suggested in the manual:

* cleared the pump filter
* turned off the water supply removed the hoses and checked the filters in there
* left the machine disconnected from the mains for over an hour (as suggested by the support phone line in the manual).

Still no action the lights are on it looks like its ready to go but when you click on the start button the door light fails to go off and the programme doesnt start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i dont want to fork out for a new one, most of my local washing machine repair companies wont touch Beko washing machines.[/list]

Check the carbons in the motor. If they are ok then it's most likely the pcb (electronics) that have packed in.

I have been advised by another forum that it is the door lock mechanism that is faulty as this is the first part the circuit board checks before starting a programme.

This would make sense as quite literally nothing happens when i press start.

Sponsored Links
OK. Let us know what happens when you replace the door lock.
Bear in mind that when you close the door a circuit is made back to the pcb. If the door is open or the lock is faulty there is no circuit so there can be no light.
You choose. New door lock or are the 3 repair companies and myself correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back