Believable Quote???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
I have had a quote to replace 11 Radiators plus install new boiler which will be repositioned 6 feet from current location, is a qoute of £4000 reasonable for this type of work? The Boiler will be a Worcester Greenstar CDI and radiators will be Stelrads. Many thanks in advance.

Hard one to answer, please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Clearly not believable, or why post it on a site dedicated to helping DIY punters?

Why on earth not believable? Seems well within the bounds to me.

Nixt are you saying that the qoute is too cheap?? Please explain instead of writing riddles???

Sponsored Links
I can't tell either way, mainly due to the fact that I wasn't the one who measured the job. Point being the OP is better off getting other quotes rather than posting on a DIYers forum.

Caesar said:
Hi Folks
I have had a quote to replace 11 Radiators plus install new boiler which will be repositioned 6 feet from current location, is a qoute of £4000 reasonable for this type of work? The Boiler will be a Worcester Greenstar CDI and radiators will be Stelrads. Many thanks in advance.

Hard one to answer, please see forum rule 9

bloody heck me auld china what do you expect in london :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

nah im sure that cant be too un-reasonable obviously not changing any existing pipework for those prices

gas4you said:
I would say that around £4000 + VAT would be about right.

Too right. I bet you spent 4 grand on your new motor last time it was renewed.

Dave

Caesar said:
Hi Folks

If you wanted us to give a helpful reply you should have specified the exact boiler model and power.

Is £19,000 reasonable for a Mercedes?

Reality is the top of the range is about £40k and the Smart about £9k !

Same with boilers ! Different models different prices!

Tony

Dear Agile
The Boiler is a Worcester Greenstar CDI 28KW. All micro bore 10 mm piping will remain the same though the system will be power flished prior to new installation.

I think that there was someone using that combination and the boiler gave considerable problems as it could not cope well with the restrictions of the microbore.

In the generality it should be no worse than it might be at present.

Cleaning the system is even more important with microbore.

That quotation sounds very reasonable and is about what my rule of thumb pricing obtains.

If you have twin entry rad valves that can create difficulties as you should have TRVs fitted with a new boiler.

I ammume that this is the condensing HE version of the boiler.

Tony

Hi, Caesar, do you want some warm air under floor heating for your atrium.........Quo Vadis, Mon Ami

OP
just as a guide we charge £4,250 for a 831 vaillant plus rads for a standard 3 bed 2 recp house down here including pipework

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back