Belkin router modem disconnected every day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I know there is information on this site about broadband and routers but I cant seem to find the answer for this one.

I am with Orange and have a Belkin wireless modem router although my PC is actually plugged in to one of the 4 ports on the Belkin.

I have hardly ever had a problem with this before but now, it looks like my speed may have been increased and I checked on a couple of sites to see what speed I was actually getting. It looks about 2.6. I also read that quite a few people are experiencing disconnections since having there speed increased.

My question is, is there a way to make it reconnect by itself straight away i.e. something like always connect when connection available (heard that somewhere before)?

Also when I start my PC in the mornings I notice the router has disconnected ie data light out and doesn't reconnect on PC start up either. I then go to the Belkin setup page and click connect and it connects (most of the time, sometimes have to do a factory restore) but I would rather it connect automatically when I start my PC and even more preferable I would rather it stays connected all the time as I have a wireless laptop and the wife and kids like to use that at all times downstairs. It always used to be permanently connected.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Most routers have the option to remain connected ot to redial if they become disconnected. The manual (usually supplied on disk) is a good place to start.

It's also worth checking the manufacturer website for firmware updates, which may address your connectivity issues at the higher speeds.

Sponsored Links
Back