Bell box not sounding

J

Jfc1991

Hi just looking for some help I have a pyronix euro panel I have just added another remote key fob to it but I noticed when alarm went off a few days ago the outside bell didn’t sound it’s only a new system installed March 2020 so don’t think it could be faulty I think I’ve maybe done something by mistake when programming the remote but don’t want to pay the crazy fee for the company to come out and look at it from what I’ve gathered on line I think it might be something to do with the outputs? I might be wrong can someone direct me ? TIA

Sponsored Links
Which panel and which bell box, hard wired or wireless.

What was the process that led to the internal sounder sounding and not the external bell box.

It’s a pyronix euro46 and the bell is an orisec it has worked fine before I think I’ve maybe changed something in the settings but not sure what it’s not sounding outside when I go to the test siren option it hardwired I tripped the alarm walking through and realised it wasn’t going of outside

If it was installed in March ....it’s still under warranty ....get them back ....did it ever work ? Adding a fob is done from customer mode so this should not alter any engineer settings ...

Sponsored Links
Agree with sparkymarka completely.

Are the leds working on the Orisec Bell, should be able to see them during the day.

just how did you test the bell trigger.

manual bell test?
Alarm set and triggered which zones?

The box leds are working fine during the day and back light also on at night I had it installed in March as it was a new build then I got another company to add a few things on to it for me and to make it monitored etc so as it was a system take over I don’t think the new company that took it over can stand over any warranty on it I have done a full set and then tripped the alarm went off inside but not outside and I let it run for a few minutes incase there was any sort of delay but nothing happens with outside bell looks like il probably just have to pay to have it looked at

as for whose liability it is that may well get argued.

however if someone takes over the panel they should have tested that it actually works.
When I take over a system, I look to see if the basics work before I start poking around if the system is powered up. Unfortunately you can't always rely on a customer to know or be 100% truthful. Then if it works before and not after, we know whos fault it is and vice versa with respect to it being fixed.

It should have identified that the bell was or wasn't working then and should have been sorted and charged if necessary

I would do a manual bell test to see if it fires off and annual strobe test to see if that fires off.

The LEDs would flash normally if there is power

The wiring is nothing special.

How do I do a manual strobe and bell test please mate? Don’t want to fiddle about to much in case I make things worse

Taken from the user manual:-
User manual.png
User manual_2.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back