Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi team, I’m a fire alarm engineer and have tried to branch into a bit of security stuff in my own house. So far it’s not going brilliantly.

I’ve installed a wireless pyronix enforcer kit. Delta bell/4 pirs/1 door contact/1 wireless keypad and a couple of remote fobs.

Install went well. But the programming doesn’t seem to have. I’ve got a fault “device 1 485 fail TRD” and I get the tamper warning light when it comes up.

As an obvious novice in this area, can anyone advise what might be causing this fault?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
No I haven’t, I’ve programmed the wireless keypad as “arming station 1”. Does the main panel need to be programmed the same way?

I actually managed to clear the fault by doing a clean start on the panel.

After messing around with exit route/entry route settings on the hallway pir I think I may finally have it sorted. There’s about a million other settings on the thing but I dare not change anything!

485 is the network bus , this can sometimes flag a fault , and as you have found out a down power can clear it , any hardwired keypads , expanders sit on this bus and you normally give them an address, if it can’t see the device that should be there , then you get 485 fail message ...wireless devices don’t sit on the bus ...

Sponsored Links
The kit should of come with a bit of paper saying to clean start the system before programming, at least that’s what I was told by pyronix tech when I spoke to them a few weeks ago.

It’s always best to default/clean start a new system.

It told me to update to the most recent version not a clean start! My system isn’t connected to any WiFi or internet so don’t know how it achieve that?!

I think I have it sorted anyway now chaps. Thanks for all the help and advice. I now have a basic working intruder alarm. I’m going to have to delve deeper into those setting at some point and feel much better knowing I’ve got people I can ask for help. Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back