Scanny 9752 and belle bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

I have a scanny 9752 connected to two belle bell boxes.

The scanny has two outputs- one for bell and one for strobe, but these can be programmed for any use, and are essentially relays.

Can i use both the strobe and bell outputs from one output on the scanny? that way i can use the second output for something else? from my understanding the strobe basically stays on after alarm situation, the sounder turns off after set period? so having the strobe turned off after sounding shouldn't be a problem as a dialer would notify me anyway?

Or can i use the third output for either bell or strobe?

(I am aware there are three outputs on the unit, but the third one doesn't come into use for me without a fair bit of fiddling around!)

Sponsored Links
you may overload the output if you try to drive 2 sirens and 2 strobes from one output. just reprogram output 3 for whatever you need it for.

sparkymarka - doesnt the output just provide a -ve holdoff?

both output 1 and 2 as far as i understand from the manual are just relays,

The diagram in the manual is attached below:

I would use 3, but from my understanding, it provides -ve hold off, when i want it to apply 12v.

Could be wrong, but I think the OP is a trip or trigger (a return) in which case Sparkymarka is correct, you could overload the panel.

Sponsored Links
Outputs 1 & 2 are indeed relay outputs. Somewhere in the panel manual it will give a current rating for these, this rating should not be exceeded.

I personally would check with a DVM the total current drawn by the 2 siren/strobes in alarm and ensure this meets the load capacity of the outputs. Failing that buy a cheap multi-purpose relay and connect into output 3 thus leaving you with with 2 relay outputs to do what ever with.

Also ensure the panel power supply is able to cope with 2 SAB's along with everything else, keypads, sensors, speakers, etc...

Yes, there's a very good chance of overload here, Alarm Man. It might be in his interests to add up what he's using without activation, quiescent current of panel, passives etc ... it all adds up.

Morning all,

The extract from the manual is:

"9752: O/P 1 and 2 voltage free relay contacts, O/P 3 open collector
transistor outputs, 500mA, 12VDC. negative applied"

The system is up and running with the following outputs:

2 belle twin alerts and two belle's.

Note that there is an EXTERNAL 1amp power supply for the two twin alerts and one of the two belle's.

They have been wired up as :

Don't get me wrong on this, I appreciate what your doing and have every faith in you. It's just that I have 'overloaded' in the past and it's not much fun. I tend to base my outputs on the total current consumption of the panel and provided there is enough 'juice' left when the sounders are running at full pelt I would say everything is hunky dory. I haven't looked at your diagram yet, I'll take a look later. Well done, I say.

Don't get me wrong on this, I appreciate what your doing and have every faith in you. It's just that I have 'overloaded' in the past and it's not much fun. I tend to base my outputs on the total current consumption of the panel and provided there is enough 'juice' left when the sounders are running at full pelt I would say everything is hunky dory. I haven't looked at your diagram yet, I'll take a look later. Well done, I say.

No worries,

From my understanding of the panel - 9752 specifically, the output for the bellbox is actually just a connection between 0v and the box, (C1 as input and NC1 as the output)

Power to actually make the bell sound is from the 12 permanent connection - ie if someone cuts the wire to the bell, the 0v disappears and the bell rings, either using 0v and 12v, or battery.

Essentially my main unit, is only powering 1 bell box - same as most other alarms with a full bell, all I'm doing (if I've understood this correctly) is providing the 0v when all is well to all 4 items, and when in alarm mode breaking that 0v. I am still providing bellbox 1 12v from main unit, and bellbox 2 and the two twin alerts from PSU.

from my understanding of electronics and this panel, looking at the diagram i provided, i could put anything between 0v and 12v in the c1/c2 connector, and in an alarm situation, it would send that same voltage/current into the NO1/NO2.

Yes the relay is an electronic switch, but these have a rating, passing to much current through the relay will cause it to "burn out", the current that we're also concerned about is the total current that can be taken from the panel. Most panels have a maximum 1A output. 2 sirens, strobes, speakers, PIRs, keypad and control panel all mount up.

Forget somewhat about the battery in the siren this is mainly there to allow the siren to sound if the cable is cut.

Although the 0v trigger is there the current drawn can be through the aux power but it can also draw this through the trigger, again DVM to test.

If your using a external 1A PSU you need to common the 0v rails, otherwise the trigger may have undesired effects.

The main panel is powering:

itself (9752) (150mA active)
two expander units (9954) (30mA Max each)
two keypads - 9941 and 9943 (60mA and 70mA)
one fire alarm m12 - (14mA Alarm)
7 pir's (various makes and draw) ~ 13mA armed
1 belle bell box ( Siren and strobe - 480mA or siren - 230mA and 175mA strobe)
Total = 925mA

The additional supply is powering:
1 belle bell box ( Siren and strobe - 480mA or siren - 230mA and 175mA strobe)
2 twin alerts. (alarm 160mA each)
Total = 800mA

0V is connected as shown in the diagram in my earlier post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back