Belle minimix 150 drum dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had my Belle minimix 150 for 2.5 yrs now. Been used fairly regularly since on home use only. Been mixing large quantities cement whilst doing flagging lately. Today whilst in use the drum dropped with a load 12 shovels sand, 1/2 bag cement. Was pretty full at this but surely this shouldn't have made the drum drop with weight. After taking drum off i've got couple hair line cracks (+ slight buckling) around centre hole at back of drum, where it connects onto motor spindle.

1. Would it be possible to weld the cracks around this centre hole (reverse of drum) and solve the problem or am i better to buy a new drum?

2. What's max load (shovels sand/cement) minimax 150 'should' be able to handle?

Sponsored Links
Was the drum screwed on properly?
I've had 100kg+ in my minimix 150 and have had not trouble with it.

Not sure if screwed on properly to be honest. May have come loose over time and could have caused the problem. 100kg+ is more than i had in it anyway

Sponsored Links
This is where the hair line crack is around the centre at back of drum. I wonder if a bead of weld all way round this would sort the problem out? Expensive to buy another drum; think i'll always feel a bit self conscious about the amount of weight i have in drum from now on!
View media item 43730

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back